Court Clerk: Van Hughes
Magistrate: Ronnel McKinley
Atmore City Hall
201 East Louisville Avenue
Atmore AL 36502
Post Office Drawer 1297
Atmore AL 36504
Hours of Operation:
Monday – Friday
8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
*Closed on Monday afternoon for Court
The Municipal court has jurisdiction over municipal ordinance violations, including both Traffic and criminal Offenses. Many Minor Violations may be settled prior to the court date by payment of prescribed fine. If paid prior to court date, a court appearance is not necessary. Fines must be paid in person to the court clerk. Fines may be made paid in cash, with certified check, money order, credit or debit card. No personal checks are accepted.
Mailed payments must include the ticket signed by the defendant and dated on the back. Do not send cash.
Obtaining a warrant of arrest. The Municipal court Clerk may issue warrants of arrest on misdemeanor offenses, based on the following requirements:
- Offense should first be reported to the police department and an offense report made.
- A copy of the report must be taken to the court clerk.
- Complainant must have a valid state-issued picture I.D. to file a complaint.
- Complainant gives sworn statement.
- If the court clerk determines sufficient probable cause that an offense was committed and that the person named committed the offense, a warrant of arrest is issued.
- The complainant is required to appear in court and give testimony.
- Individuals charged with ordinance violations are allowed to make bail or bond according to the approved bail/bond schedule.
New tickets may be paid online at: atmoreal.govtportal.com
A 4.5% service charge will apply. The service charge will be collected by the credit card processng company and not the City of Atmore.